|Engine size:||3800 CC|
1958 Jaguar XK150 DHC 3.8 ‘S’ Specification (RHD)
- Uprated to 3.8 with triple SU carburettors
- Extensive history on file (spanning over 30 years)
- Galvanised chassis & power steering
- Manual gearbox
Presented in period British Racing Green with Suede Green hide, Green weaved carpets – with dark Green leather binding, dark Green mohair soft top with the correct wool headlining and matching Green hood bag. Burr walnut central dash surrounds the instruments, gleaming chrome wire wheels with two spinners and Blockley tyres fitted.
Having been acquired by its long term owner in 1989, this example underwent significant restoration works between 1995 and 2005. Starting with the base, the chassis was sent away and galvanised, which is the process of applying a protective zinc coating to steel to present rust. With this base completed the next works were the body. New body panels were sourced, the colour chosen and the remaining coachwork stripped to bare metal – painted and fitted back to the car. Next came the cockpit where every part of the had been replaced and trimmed in Suede Green, plus a new hood frame fitted.
The exciting part, a 3.8 litre engine was sourced and sent away to be x-rayed and checked for cracks to the block. Once given the green light the cylinder head was dispatch for machining. Bored out,
new sportier valves and a pair of cams were installed to give the new motor more kick up and go. A set of correct triple SU carburettors were sourced, stripped and rebuilt with new needles and floats cleaned and polished.
A number of improvements and upgrades have been carried out in the restoration process to aid and improve the drivability and performance;
- Braking: larger 3 pot brake callipers fitted – to enhance stopping power
- Cooling: Uprated cooling system, water pump, larger radiator and electric cooling fan to aid running in slow traffic
- Exhaust system: Custom handmade full stainless exhaust system running from the tail pipe to manifold – tremendous detail
- Steering: Power steering
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the above information but errors may occur. Please check with a salesperson.