|Engine size:||8.0 Litres|
2007 Bugatti Veyron for sale in London (LHD)
- Only 13,500 miles from new
- Excellent Service history
- 8.0 litre, quad-turbo charged W16 engine
- Original Bugatti handbooks included
- Presented in Matte Black (wrap) with Black hide and contrasting Red stitching
As perhaps the most anticipated and groundbreaking car of the 21st century, the story of the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 is well known by any supercar enthusiast. Perhaps lesser known are some of the ridiculous facts and figures that go along with engineering a road car capable of producing 1,000 brake horsepower and topping out at 250 mph.
– The most technologically advanced car in history.
– In order to achieve the levels of power and top speed that Piëch was after, the engineers had to marry two V-8 engines together to create a W-16 of nearly eight litres. Then, for good measure, they added four turbochargers. The result was, to say the least, powerful. An engineer recalled to National Geographic that the first time the Veyron’s engine was run at full throttle at Volkswagen’s Salzgitter, Germany, facility in 2001, the engine produced so much power, over 1,000 horsepower, that the heat it produced completely overwhelmed the building’s exhaust system on the roof, nearly burning the building down in the process.
– To manage that massive amount of heat, the car is fitted with 10 radiators, with three used to cool the engine, two for the car’s air-conditioning system, and one each for cooling off the transmission oil, engine oil, differential oil, the hydraulic oil used by the spoiler, and the air-to-liquid intercooler cooling system.
– During high-speed testing, bird strikes shattered the aluminum grille, damaging several components behind it. To combat this, engineers redesigned the grille in titanium to withstand any impact with a small animal, resulting in no damage to the car or its components.
– The Veyron’s airbrake alone is claimed to provide nearly 0.7 G of braking force, which is roughly the same amount as the brakes on an ordinary passenger car.
– At its top speed of 253 mph, the Bugatti Veyron breathes in 47,000 litres of air per minute, just as much air as one man breathes in four days.
The example offered for sale at DD Classics is in superb condition, presented in Matte Black with a Black hide interior that has contrasting red stitching. With Black Painted Bugatti wheels and a Black grille this Veyron is a menacing yet beautiful example. With just 13,500 miles showing from new it is a fantastic low mileage example that will shine in any collection.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the above information but errors may occur. Please check with a salesperson.