|Colour:||Ice Blue Metallic|
|Engine size:||3.5 Litre|
1971 Mercedes 280 SE 3.5 Cabriolet for sale in London (LHD)
- One of the last produced W111 3.5 litre convertibles
- One of the very best available anywhere
- Delivered new in the USA, where it stayed until 2004
- Lavishly restored to an incredible standard
- Beautiful Burr Walnut woodwork
- Factory air-conditioning, electric tinted windows and an original Becker radio
- Mechatronik upgrades to increase rear axle ratio
- Mechatronik rebuilt gearbox
- Mechatronik rebuilt steering
Introduced in late 1969 as a prestige model to supplant the somewhat underpowered six-cylinder 280SE, the V8-powered, W111-Series 280SE 3.5 in both coupe and convertible form was of immediate appeal to wealthy customers who were accustomed to having the best quality and workmanship available in an automobile.
This is without doubt the most beautiful 280SE 3.5 Cabriolet available on the market today. Finished in metallic Ice Blue with a superb parchment hide interior, which is complemented by beautiful Burr Walnut woodwork throughout. It has a dark blue German Mohair hood and dark blue leather hood bag. Ordered from new with the most desirable options including floor change automatic gearbox, Factory Air conditioning, Electric tinted windows, an original Becker radio and Burr Walnut woodwork.
Working on the button and with the desirable Mechatronik overhauled floor change automatic gearbox, together with the Mechatronik higher ratio, rebuilt rear axle for improved long distance high speed motoring. It is a suitable and sophisticated open-touring option for those who also desire comfort and class. With its subtle and understated styling the 3.5 Cabriolet is an enthusiast’s car with superb engineering and elegant features. Rarer than a Gullwing and fast becoming even more collectible by the sophisticated car collector
Famous ownership history
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the above information but errors may occur. Please check with a salesperson.