Aston Martin V8 Vantage V600 Le Mans For Sale in London (RHD)
- Manufactured in 2000, this car is number 09 of just 40 V8 Vantage Le Mans.
- 1 of only 18 cars manufactured in RHD
- 1 of 4 only built to 600bhp with a six-speed manual gearbox specification
- 5,354 miles ONLY from new
- Numbered V8 Vantage Le Mans booklet signed by Roy Salvadori and Carroll Shelby included
- Built to special order
- Unique opportunity
The V8 Vantage Le Mans was unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show in 1999, to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the Aston Martin victory at the 1959 Le Mans 24 hour race, and was available with both the standard 550 bhp or the Works upgraded 600 bhp version of the twin-supercharged V8.
At a glance the Le Mans appeared to be outwardly similar to the previous Vantage, which at the time was the fastest Aston Martin ever, however, upon closer inspection the Le Mans could be distinguished by a number of unique features –
- V590 engine, often uprated to V600 specification
- ZF six speed manual transmission, often modified to 5 speed
- V600 spec brake package with ventilated and grooved discs and 6 pot callipers (front) and 4 pot rear
- 5 spoke magnesium alloy hollow spoke Dymag wheels with centre caps
- Blanked radiator with twin openings
- Bonnet cooling ducts
- Redesigned wing vents with a resemblance to those on the DBR1
- Machined alloy fuel filler caps
- Absolutely stunning performance
We are delighted to offer this limited edition, right-hand drive Vantage Le Mans – number ‘9’ of the 40 made. Vantage Le Mans were built only to commission, carrying a plate with the first owner’s name in the door-shut. The key holder was in sterling silver, and included in the delivery documents was a road map from Newport Pagnell to Le Mans.
Our car was delivered new to its first owner equipped with many extras including the factory’s V600 package (which added £43,000 to the price of the standard Vantage) and the close-ratio six-speed manual gearbox, making this car one of only four built to that specification. Importantly, its green exterior colour (RM 5235A) is unique to this car, having been specially formulated to the first owners specification. The specification also includes full Green hide seats, burr elm wood veneer (in place of the alloy finish) and a burr elm gear lever knob. Terry Durston was requested to build the engine.
Always maintained by Aston Martin Works Service, this exceptional motor car has covered only 5,354 miles from new and is presented in commensurately excellent condition. The car also comes with its original tool kit, all the original instruction books, the original invoice and documents from the factory including the numbered V8 Vantage Le Mans booklet signed by Roy Salvadori and Carroll Shelby.
One of the last, hand built Newport Pagnell cars, this V600 is unique among the 40 Le Mans models built. It remains one of the most powerful cars Aston Martin has ever produced and is highly collectible. Just eighteen had RHD steering and not all had the V600 engine conversion from new. A truly magnificent motor car.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the above information but errors may occur. Please check with a salesperson.